I am a technical lead software engineer working in the healthcare space. My work spans the entire software development lifecycle, from design to implementation, testing, and deployment.
My work overlaps with system architecture, backend engineering, and DevOps. The best categorization I can think of is that I am a Platform Engineer. Some of the things I have built:
- data ingestion system to handle incoming files at petabyte scale
- master data management system
- datalake to support data scientists and machine learning experts
- algorithm for building unique identifiers for a distributed NoSql database
- system integrations based on domain driven design and the use of Kafka
- company wide integration architecture for member enrollment workflows using domain driven design, streaming, and microservices
In a previous career I worked in philosophy specializing in metaphysics and epistemology, especially on free will, and philosophy of religion. I also spent a good amount of time in the history of philosophy and some history of philosophy of science. I am very much a generalist.
I reside in Coronado, CA with my family.